Light the way
Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving & Supplication.
Praising God, takes the focus of ourselves and puts it entirely on Him. This is the best way to approach God and begin prayer. When we praise Him, He reveals Himself to us!
Some Psalms of praise for God’s awesome majesty that you can read out load in this time include:
Psalm 8; 30; 33; 47; 95; 96; 100
Confession is to verbalise our spiritual shortcomings and admit we have sinned. Simply stated, confession is the act of declared admission. Let’s acknowledge our sins and our need for God’s forgiveness. Our confession must be open, honest, and specific. Take a moment and search your heart. Pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal to you any sin in your life.
You could use the words of Ps 19: 12 – 14: “Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from wilful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”
Please forgive me for……….. (name specific things that the Holy Spirit reveals to you.)”
Thank Him that if you confess your sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive you of your
sins and purify you from all unrighteousness (John 1:9).
Thanksgiving is the act of expressing specific gratitude to God for blessings He has bestowed upon us. Thanksgiving differs from praise in that praise focuses on who God is, where as thanksgiving focuses on what God has specifically done for us.
Ps 100:4 – “Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name.”
As a congregation we thank God for:
The privilege of having fellowship with our Christian brothers and sisters without the fear of being persecuted.
For God hearing and answering our prayers and for providing in all our needs.
The serving hearts of Grace Leaders and members who are working together to ‘build a healthy and growing church for generations.’
BELIEVE as you ask in faith. TRUST He will hear and answer.
Let’s remember to not pray only for ourselves, but for the world around us as well.
Pray for Grace Church
Pray for the leaders of the Church: Our spiritual leaders need constant prayer every day. Through prayer we are building a “prayer shield” around our leaders (this includes the pastors & staff, elders, small groups leaders, youth leaders, pastoral care leaders, ministry leaders etc.)
The Pastoral staff team
Joe, Cecile, Alex, Lizanne, Tarbie & Madeli
That God will continue to guard their hearts, minds and bodies against the flaming arrows of the evil one. For Godly inspiration, wisdom and discernment to lead the congregation and their various areas of ministry according to His will.
That God will bless them with continued unity, wisdom, discernment and vision. That each elder will sense God’s empowering for the task of leading the church and building structures of support and care for our growing church.
Members and families of Grace Church
- That the Lord will stir up a hunger in our hearts for MORE OF HIM and less of ourselves.
- For unity among all members.
- For travelling mercies for all those who are travelling.
- For newcomers to feel welcome and loved.
- That God will hear the prayers of those who are in need of a job and that he will open the right doors of opportunity for them.
- For all the expectant mum’s and the new mum’s. That they will not be anxious but trust God for protection and wisdom.
- For the next generation (Ps 102: 18-28) Lord I pray that our children and their children will grow up to know, love, serve and be established before You
Small Group Ministry
That God will minister into the lives of every person who leads and attends a small group.
That God will inspire new groups to form and bless all plans to achieve this.
Youth and Young Adult Ministries
- The Kids Church Ministry: That the leaders and children will connect and that the children will come to Church with an expectation to meet God.
- That parents and teachers would prepare children and young people to live as disciples of Christ in a changing world and would prepare them for the persecution to come.
- For all the year 12’s – for good health and sustained energy as they enter the last semester and prepare for exams.
lease pray for the following missionaries supported by Grace Church:
- Tertia (Asia)
- Manie and Annelie (Portugal)
- Brian and Barbara (Zambia)
- Prabhakar and Sandy (India)
- Brendan and Carine (Australia)
- Gerrie and Arlene (South Africa)
- Michelle (Swaziland)
- Hani and Natalie (Middle East and North Africa)
- Mpuni and Ginny (Canada)
- Marco and Rosa (Mexico)
- Jenya and Juia (Russia)
- Open Door International
- New Hope Foundation (China)
You can pray:
- For their physical protection and deliverance. (Matt 26:39, Acts 12:5, Philip 1:19, Phil 22, Rom 15:30-31)
- That they will endure. (Heb 10:36)
- That they would learn to completely trust in God. (2 Corinth 1:8-9)
Pray also for Nico and Neil from our church – who are joining the outreach team in Carnarvon this week. This is part of the bigger ‘Challenge Newspaper network/team.’ May the Lord use them to touch many lives, and also protect them till they arrive safely home again on Saturday.
Pray for your community.
- Pray for new migrants, that God will bless their stay in Australia and that He will lead them in finding a Church. Pray for those immigrants who have strayed from the flock, that they will find their way back.
- Think of specific people in your street or at work or at school who do not know God, choose three or five and focus on these five specific areas as you pray for them:
- Body – physical needs, health
- Labour – work, job satisfaction
- Emotional – inner life
- Social – family, friends
- Spiritual – their salvation
- Pray for the Lord’s blessing and protection on all our schools, the staff and its students.
May God shine his light on all our schools, filling it with his love and goodness.
- If you were born overseas, pray for your country of heritage, also family and friends you
are concerned for.
[We received a specific request asking for prayer support for the safety of family members who are farmers in South Africa, as they often come under attack from criminals. Let’s pray for their protection, and for God to bless the farmers; also for peace and justice to be restored in South Africa.]
Pray for Australia
Lord, please give us good government, wise policies, justice and equity, and the ability and wisdom to tackle the major issues of our day. Please rid us of corruption, incompetence, selfishness, greed, inequalities, and self-indulgence. Please have mercy on all Australians, and teach us to trust in your Son and our Saviour, to love You, and to love our neighbours. May Your Name be glorified in Australia, Your kingdom come, and Your will be done.
Pray for the persecuted Church
- Pray for strength
Suffering believers need strength to endure the pain, and pressure of persecution.
- Pray for provision
Faced with poverty, loneliness and isolation, suffering believers need our prayers for God to provide.
- Pray for gospel to advance
Pray for believers to be bold and wise in sharing their faith and – that despite the challenges – people would come to Christ.
Pray for any other matter that is on your heart. Also pray for the other people who are joining in on this prayer initiative; that God would bless us all with strength, focus and encouragement – and hear our prayers.
Col 1:9-12 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,[a] 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so
that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[b] to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light